Monday 19 September 2016

We were doing a quick write and one of the starter sentences was ''I should have lied'
I wrote a poem, although nearly everyone else wrote a story. I am personally better at poems.

Here is it:

I should have lied
I really tried
Not to say the truth


It just came out
In a bit of a shout
Of my big blabbering mouth


First I said
I was just trying to spread
The peanut butter on the bread


And then told her more


I dropped the spoon
On the floor


The crystal spoon
That broke in June
And couldn't be found very soon


And after that I said
Through my dread
That the spoon was gone for good


I put the broken bits of it
Oh all the sharp broken bits of it
In the bin to go


But mother asked
And I answered fast
Of what I knew about it


But mother wasn’t angry
She found another spoon in the pantry
And said that forgave me


After that I asked for help

Whenever I spread peanut butter

No comments:

Post a Comment