Wednesday 14 September 2016

Writing... Ducks!!!

I wrote a piece of writing on the 10th of August, and although it isn't my best, I thought I should share it with you! It is called 'Lake Ducks'

Here it is! I hope you like it ;)


As we powered through the lake, water streaming by us, I could feel the other ducks wake mixing into mine. I heard quacks coming from another flock, and I could tell the rest of our flock heard it to.
The sky today was a dark elephant kind of grey, which meant I couldn’t see much but the ducks of my flock in front of me and if I turn around, the ones behind. The water look like it was the sky, or the sky the water, because of the way the two grey things blended into each other.
The water rippled in the cold, icy wind, and I could tell it was coming from the mountains nearby.
My webbed feet were beginning to hurt, because we’d been paddling for a while. The pain was growing.
‘Woof, woof”
A dog. That meant that land was close. My aching feet would get a rest, and so would my eyes. Depending on what time of day it was.
As we paddled onto the sandy shore, I could see a few people, and some houses. I knew that there would normally be more people than this, but since it is a grey day, the people don’t come out much. I have always wondered why.

No comments:

Post a Comment